Friday, May 27, 2011

HARRISON FORD TALKS ABOUT FILM AND FAMILY

****
Film icon Harrison Ford graces the July/August cover of AARP The Magazine and opens up about films, his new family (with Calista Flockhart), and his love of flying.
****


Harrison Ford's AARP Cover



On leading man Daniel Craig in their upcoming film Cowboys & Aliens:



“I give enormous credit to Daniel. He gave me the room in his movie to make a part that was probably as much fun to play as any I’ve ever had.”
“The leading man has a special responsibility to carry the audience. I can just dodge in, and that’s wonderful.”

Friends on Ford:


“He’s authentic. The same kind of guy you see on-screen. I get into trouble when I use this expression, but Harrison is a man’s man.” – Friend and broadcast journalist, Tom Brokaw


“Harrison was in better shape than any of us. He’s ripped.” – Cowboys and Aliens actress, Olivia Wilde


“Harrison is like John Wayne in the autumn of his career. In movies like The Searchers and True Grit, Wayne was always giving a younger man a run for his money.” – Cowboys and Aliens director, Jon Favreau

On reinvention and new passions:


“Flying absolutely reinvented my life. When I’m flying, I’ve got to do it according to the rules, just like everybody else.”
“I wanted to see whether I could learn something new.
“Flying absolutely reinvented my life.”
“I’m not cut any slack for any other reason. I’m just another pilot. I love it.”

On his third marriage to actress Calista Flockhart:


“We’d lived together for 10 years and it seemed like we were going to get along. And I love her and she wanted to get married, and I wanted to get married.”

On how his parenting getting better with age:


“I had my first children when I was 24. Babies raising babies is maybe not the prettiest thing in the world to watch.”
“I’ve learned a lot about being an appropriate father over the years.”

On his ever growing love of filmmaking:


“I love acting probably more than I did before.”
“I like working and problem-solving with people on a story.”

On box office successes and failures:


“I just want to make good movies that people want to go see. I hate making movies that people don’t go to.”